A Technical Author with Aerospace experience is required to work on a 12-month contract (with the possibility of extension) for our defence client based in Warton.
This is a twelve-month contract with a leading UK defence company.
Overview of the Technical Author role
This role is to produce and maintain Typhoon On-Aircraft Ground crew maintenance publications. The successful candidate will need to have proven IT skills, in particular be conversant with the use of Microsoft Office. Experience of modern electronic production toolsets and Standard Generalised Markup Language (SGML) or Extensible Markup Language (XML) is essential. Good interpersonal skills are essential with particular emphasis on two-way communication and team working. Recent experience in the Aerospace industry or the operation/maintenance of military aircraft will be an advantage. The successful candidate must also be proficient at verbal and written communication with the ability to effectively research source data. Familiarity with Technical Publications specification ASD S1000D is essential.
- The preparation of initial issue Typhoon Technical Publications and subsequent amendments of these in line with departmental procedures.
- Assessing and incorporating internal and external customer requests.
- The job holder must ensure that their output meets the defined criteria in terms of quantity, quality and schedule adherence.
- Maintaining the validity of management information to ensure accurate configuration control is maintained
Key skills required for the Technical Author
- Familiarity with SGML/XML in the production of technical Publications - Excellent
- Use of Microsoft Office applications Excel, Word and Outlook - Good
If you are a Technical Author with Aerospace experience looking for a new contract either apply online or if would like to find out about other opportunities please contact Mark Ellis on email@example.com or phone 0161 694 9196.
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource UK - Curating Specialist Talent
We're one of the largest independent staffing companies in the UK, focussed on Technology, Change and Engineering talent. For over 30 years we have been taking care of everything for jobseekers and clients alike. We pride ourselves on listening to your needs and working closely with you to find the right role or hire for you.
Outsource - taking care of everything