Based remotely a Systems Analyst is required on a contract basis to be accountable for deriving IT system requirements from the business requirements (both functional and non-functional) and providing trace-ability through Design, Build, Test and Implementation for individual projects and programmes within the change portfolio.
You must have the ability to derive IT requirements from business requirements and business processes, such that Technical High Level and detailed designs can be documented
Candidates can work through a Limited Company for this role.
Responsibilities for this role:
- End to end accountability for the definition and agreement of all functional & non-functional system requirements relating directly to technology solutions on a project or programme.
- Facilitate workshops to elicit requirements from stakeholders and solution options from designers and developers.
- Accountable for demonstrating full traceability of functional & non-functional system requirements against business requirements, Solution Design and testing (plans, test cases and results)
- Accountable for approving the quality and acceptance of Business Analysis artefacts on behalf of IT.
- Liaise with technical teams to ensure analysis artefacts are fit for purpose and meet the customers' needs.
- Provide input to the scope definition for projects, including supporting formal change management processes.
- Develop "as is" subject matter expertise within defined functional areas.
- Identify and, where appropriate, support mitigation of risks associated with the technical elements of the 'as-is' IT systems.
Skills and experience required:
- Extensive experience working within an IT function, with knowledge of both Application development and infrastructure delivery.
- Experience performing System Analyst role within a project environment including…
- Leading the capture and the documentation of functional & non-functional Requirements for a technical solution.
- Leading the analysis and the documentation of system and data configuration within a technical solution.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills including the ability to prioritise workloads to best meet demand.
- Good understanding of the full software development lifecycle.
- An understanding of formal project delivery methodologies (eg Prince 2).
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills at levels up to and including Function Leader level.
- Ability to work as a key member of a team and also independently where required.
- The ability to continually develop innovative solutions to the System Analyst deliverables.
If you would like to be considered for this role please click apply asap and Outsource will be in touch.